Monday 12 March 2012

A Pattern



I love wrist-warmers. I don’t love sewing seams. So with a single ball of dusty pink Cashmerino, what else was I to do, except make up a little pattern for some lacy wrist-warmers, worked in the round. 

One ball turned out to be the perfect amount, with just a tiny bit left over.

I took some photos as I made the second one. Unfortunately, it was getting late, and relying on my phone’s camera flash was perhaps a mistake. Never mind. I’ll post the pattern, with my (not-so-fantastic) photos, with a promise edit later. As soon as I have time to make another pair.

Please, please feel free to pick me up on any mistakes - I’m just learning to write patterns.

Seamless Wrist-warmers, by Paula.
Made with Debbie Bliss Cashmerino and 4mm hook
Ch 36, join with ss to form ring. Check to see if this loop fits over your hand, and sits snuggly but not tight around your arm where you want your wrist-warmers to start. If it is too tight or loose, change your hook size up or down accordingly.

Round 1 - Ch 1 (counts as first sc), * skip next 2 ch, (2 dc, ch 1, 2 dc) in next ch, skip 2 ch, sc in next ch; rep from * to end, but instead of the last sc, work a ss into ch1 at start of row.





Round 2 - Ch 3 (counts as dc), * in ch 1 sp, work (2 dc, ch 1, 2 dc), 1 dc in sc of 1st rnd; rep from * until end, working a ss into top of ch3 at start of rnd to join.








Round 3 - Ch 3 (counts as dc), * in ch 1 sp, work (2 dc, ch 1, 2 dc), 1 dc in dc of 2nd rnd; rep from * until end, working a ss into top of ch3 at start of rnd to join.
Repeat Round 3 until there are 10 rounds in total (or to desired length).
Shape hole for thumb.
Round 11 - Ch 3, [(2 dc, ch 1, 2 dc) in ch 1 sp, 1dc] twice, 2 dc in ch 1 sp, ch 9 (I’ll call this the thumb loop), dc in next ch 1 sp, [1 dc, (2 dc, ch 1, 2 dc) in ch 1 sp] twice, ss in top of ch 3 at start of rnd to join.






Round 12 - Ch 3, [(2 dc, ch 1, 2 dc) in ch 1 sp, 1dc] twice, in 1st ch of thumb loop work (2 dc, ch 1, 1 dc), ch 1, sc in top of thumb loop, ch 1, in last ch of thumb loop work (1 dc, ch 1, 2 dc), dc in next ch 1 sp, [1 dc, (2 dc, ch 1, 2 dc) in ch 1 sp] twice, ss in top of ch 3 at start of rnd to join.




Round 13 - worked the same as round 3, except work a sc into the sc at the top of the thumb loop, instead of a dc.
Repeat round 3 twice.
Round 16 - ch 1, work sc in each dc, and in each ch 1 space, ss to first ch, fasten off.
Join yarn to thumb hole, ch 1 and work an edging of sc (I worked 18 stitches in each), ss to  ch 1, fasten off.


Cheers, Paula.

4 comments:

  1. They are wonderful! Thank you for the pattern! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been looking and looking for a beautiful and easy wrister patterns. It looks like I have finally found it. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved making these thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete